Paul Smith is a http://classywriters.com/ author. As a professional writer he covers various topics, including business, blogging, lifestyle and others.
Top 5 mistakes of blogging
Many of us are inspired by the idea of having our own blog. Really, it’s quite easy to start. The algorithm is still the same, but in real life it’s quite seldom followed. We hate rules. If the blog is not originally oriented on moneymaking, that means it’s aimed to be the place where we share our inspiration. Our hobbies, thoughts, pictures, life experience, whatever. But what is one and common is a vital necessity to be read, heard and appreciated. Are you really aimed to be a good blogger? Then, there still will be some rules, because when ignored, those little and almost invisible mistakes can spoil you everything. So, concentrate on these things to avoid:
1. Poor grammar. I don’t believe that it’s about you! Making writing mistakes can nullify the best impression from your writing. Moreover, if the blog is niche one and aimed at serious, professional audience, there’s a chance you won’t be taken serious at all. So, check your writing several times to make sure you’ve not failed somewhere. The same can be said about stylistic mistakes.
2. Not proper formatting. Your writing can be brilliant, but if one will see it in a small font without paragraphs and subtitles, it won’t be read at all so nobody will appreciate that brilliance. Form really matters when it comes to publishing any information. Make your post visibly attractive and comfortable for the reader. Use the subtitles, paragraphs, lists, color, underlining – everything will do.
3. Not being concrete and oriented on topic. Before you start writing, it’s a good idea to get determined by the message you want to bring to your readers. Remember the following: one post for one idea. If you have loads of thoughts, better create several posts. If you have nothing to say, don’t write at all! It’s not much rewarding for the reader to realize that he has spent 15 minutes on the piece of reading without any concrete sense.
4. Be in the network of your post’s length. If you want to cover some topic in detail (which means writing a really long post), it will be good to divide it in two parts. Because people are often reluctant to read the posts which are too long (over 1500 words). What is more, long posts are not SEO-friendly, as well as short ones are. So, writing less than 400 words in also a bad idea and will do only as a comment to some really cool photo or video you’ve uploaded.
5. Not using technical tricks. If you want the readers to find you, you just can’t help but use all possible methods for it. Pick proper keywords, check the post to make sure there’s no broken links. Use the base of SEO to get your blog rated higher. Actually, use all possible methods to make your blog relevant for the search engines. The perfecting your blog itself won’t bring such results as perfecting and using SEO.
Hi everyone, I had just got done writing a special post to all of you, only to hit the wrong button to see everything get deleted accidentally. So now I got to start over. Thank you all for reading, commenting and visiting my blog. It means so much to me that you have been commenting and enjoying my posts. A few weeks ago I received over 400 comments complimenting me and telling me that this was an amazing website. Some people even told me that I was a skilled blogger and that they thought this website was excellent. At first I thought I was dreaming, this can’t be true is it? Am I really that good of a blogger? Is this website really that good? I was just amazed that so many of you loved reading my posts and have learned so much from them. I really never assumed I was that good at this as I just started last November with zero experience. My blog would be nothing without all of you here to read, study and to comment on my articles. I loved reading all of your wonderful comments, they were so nice.
And it means a lot to me that all of you took the time to tell me what you thought of this blog too. I still have 350 pending comments that I am working on answering when I have time. I’m so sorry I haven’t posted in a while, but I have been busy with other projects as well. And I’m hoping to answer more comments down the road. So please don’t feel bad if I haven’t gotten to your comment yet, there’s so many of them. So I hope to get to it sooner or later. But it means a million that you have commented on this site and I appreciate it so much. Thank you all, really I mean it. 🙂