Use catchy headlines: short and attractive, in the spirit of tabloids. They make an impression upon readers and give you more chances to be read.
Be unique. Try to make your blog at least partly unique. For example, if you include quotations, they must reflect the theme of the message.
Make sure of the reputation of your sources. Never plagiarize something. Never use somebody’s content, if you don’t trust it. You can refer to it in your introduction, but share your own thoughts on the topic, do not become an imitator.
Think before you post your message. Blogging is not a race, do not hurry. Such a way you will not want to publish anything, about what you can regret.
Keep your topic. The content of the blog is a key to success.
Post links, it is polite. If you have read something interesting in the Internet and told about it to your readers, post a link. It is inconvenient to read something you have to search for instead of clicking the link.
Watch your style. Nobody wants to be bored to death during reading your blog. You should try to attract the readers which can be not familiar with the subject you write about in your blog. Some really refined people can turn off by their academic writing style. You should hold a conversation on equal terms with other people, but not a haughty manner.
Answer comments. It is cool to blog, but if you don’t answer comments readers will feel bored and they can unsubscribe. It is even nice to send e-mail, IM or speak through Skype with a person who posted a comment.When to post a message. The best time for publishing posts is morning, when people look through their subscription.
- Be conflicting. Do not be shy, stand up and declare your opinion. No matter that nobody agree with you. Until you believe in your own words don’t be afraid to conflict. People are inclined to see two sides of the coin. Consider yourself but do not go too far or they will
treat you as a hollow hell-raiser.
Blogging is not the e-mail. It can be an online-diary, but it doesn’t mean that every post you should start with the words “Dear Diary”. The same I can say about “Hello”, “Hi the world” and so on. There is no need to put your name everywhere; it will be displayed in the end of the message.
Don’t make false assumptions about other people. Don’t think that readers are good in your product, service or hobby.
About the author: Highly appreciated writer Paul Smith is interested in languages and reading books in the original. Write him any language you know and he will to reply you with pleasure Google+|essay writing services review.
Paul Smith is a http://classywriters.com/ author. As a professional writer he covers various topics, including business, blogging, lifestyle and others.
Top 5 mistakes of blogging
Many of us are inspired by the idea of having our own blog. Really, it’s quite easy to start. The algorithm is still the same, but in real life it’s quite seldom followed. We hate rules. If the blog is not originally oriented on moneymaking, that means it’s aimed to be the place where we share our inspiration. Our hobbies, thoughts, pictures, life experience, whatever. But what is one and common is a vital necessity to be read, heard and appreciated. Are you really aimed to be a good blogger? Then, there still will be some rules, because when ignored, those little and almost invisible mistakes can spoil you everything. So, concentrate on these things to avoid:
1. Poor grammar. I don’t believe that it’s about you! Making writing mistakes can nullify the best impression from your writing. Moreover, if the blog is niche one and aimed at serious, professional audience, there’s a chance you won’t be taken serious at all. So, check your writing several times to make sure you’ve not failed somewhere. The same can be said about stylistic mistakes.
2. Not proper formatting. Your writing can be brilliant, but if one will see it in a small font without paragraphs and subtitles, it won’t be read at all so nobody will appreciate that brilliance. Form really matters when it comes to publishing any information. Make your post visibly attractive and comfortable for the reader. Use the subtitles, paragraphs, lists, color, underlining – everything will do.
3. Not being concrete and oriented on topic. Before you start writing, it’s a good idea to get determined by the message you want to bring to your readers. Remember the following: one post for one idea. If you have loads of thoughts, better create several posts. If you have nothing to say, don’t write at all! It’s not much rewarding for the reader to realize that he has spent 15 minutes on the piece of reading without any concrete sense.
4. Be in the network of your post’s length. If you want to cover some topic in detail (which means writing a really long post), it will be good to divide it in two parts. Because people are often reluctant to read the posts which are too long (over 1500 words). What is more, long posts are not SEO-friendly, as well as short ones are. So, writing less than 400 words in also a bad idea and will do only as a comment to some really cool photo or video you’ve uploaded.
5. Not using technical tricks. If you want the readers to find you, you just can’t help but use all possible methods for it. Pick proper keywords, check the post to make sure there’s no broken links. Use the base of SEO to get your blog rated higher. Actually, use all possible methods to make your blog relevant for the search engines. The perfecting your blog itself won’t bring such results as perfecting and using SEO.
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Kym the writer of Deaf In the Kitchen blog was kind enough to let me do a guest post on her blog. Please feel free to check it out by clicking on this link at: http://deafiesinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2013/08/august-blog-spotlight-susana-deaf-lady.html. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day. ♥
Hi everyone, I had just got done writing a special post to all of you, only to hit the wrong button to see everything get deleted accidentally. So now I got to start over. Thank you all for reading, commenting and visiting my blog. It means so much to me that you have been commenting and enjoying my posts. A few weeks ago I received over 400 comments complimenting me and telling me that this was an amazing website. Some people even told me that I was a skilled blogger and that they thought this website was excellent. At first I thought I was dreaming, this can’t be true is it? Am I really that good of a blogger? Is this website really that good? I was just amazed that so many of you loved reading my posts and have learned so much from them. I really never assumed I was that good at this as I just started last November with zero experience. My blog would be nothing without all of you here to read, study and to comment on my articles. I loved reading all of your wonderful comments, they were so nice.
And it means a lot to me that all of you took the time to tell me what you thought of this blog too. I still have 350 pending comments that I am working on answering when I have time. I’m so sorry I haven’t posted in a while, but I have been busy with other projects as well. And I’m hoping to answer more comments down the road. So please don’t feel bad if I haven’t gotten to your comment yet, there’s so many of them. So I hope to get to it sooner or later. But it means a million that you have commented on this site and I appreciate it so much. Thank you all, really I mean it. 🙂
People have asked me if they could do a guest post on my blog. And I want to apologize for not getting back to you much sooner. I have been busy doing a variety of projects and working, so now I am putting aside some time to write to all of you. If you would like to do a guest post here, please send me an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are someone I already know from bloggers, or wordpress, then just send me your post and a link to your blog and I will look it over. And don’t forget to add a photo with it.
These are my Rules for Guest Posting On This Blog
1. Make the content interesting and exciting.
2. Use a good sense of humor if you can on the post.
3. It has to be related to Health, Fitness, Blogging and Deaf Topics. I’m sure you can come up with something.
4. Your post needs to please the readers. If it is boring and is too long, or doesn’t make sense, I can’t use it here.
5. Make sure it is in english.
6. I can only post some of them, as I am very picky. And I want to keep this blog in good shape.
7. I am looking forward to working with you and to helping you get more visitors this way.
8. If you are someone I don’t know, please email me your ideas first before writing a post. I need to make sure I can use your ideas on this blog.
9. To get in touch with me, just email me at email@example.com. Or, send me a comment on my last post.
8. Good Luck! 🙂
There are many ways to promote your blog. And I found a very fun and interesting way to do it. You know I’m one of those freaks that likes to watch you tube videos of my favorite songs, playing the same song over and over again. Usually I do it when no one is home. How embarrassing it would be if my friends found out I am the dummy that listens to one song 10 times a day? Anyhow, when I made my first blog, http://deaf47.blogspot.com/ about a deaf lady, (yes that’s me), I would get comments on You Tube when I didn’t even know I had an account with them. Then I discovered since I have a profile on Google that’s connected with my first blog, they automatically gave me a free You Tube account. Cool huh? So I went to check it out, and I usually watch the sign language videos, so I can practice signing on my own, since I haven’t been around any deaf people like me in years. And I thought boy, it must be hard to make a video like that, I’ll never do that, too much work. And I noticed that this person who made the video had like over a 100 You Tube videos on his wall. That puzzled me, how did he do that? well I discovered if you watch someones video and you hit the Subscribe button on their video channel,it automatically puts their channel on your list. So now I have over 50 on my list and I have no idea when I added them or where I got them as I can’t remember. Then one day I decided to see how you make a video on You Tube. Well there was all these buttons and channels, I got so confused, so I gave up and deleted the whole thing. I thought this is too hard to do, I’m not going to try that again. Well I thought wrong, one day I found an interesting video of a baby guinea pig on my computer. Not sure where it came from, maybe I recorded it long ago and just don’t remember. But I had thought my daughter took that, and she thought I recorded it. Anyway it doesn’t matter how it got on my computer, but finally I got something to start with. Somehow I managed to figure out how to get it onto You Tube, even then I didn’t understand what all these channels meant and all these options, all I wanted to do was to get it on there, and I did. And not sure how I did that. The name of it was Susana the Deaf Lady, and I wrote where to find my blog underneath the video on the bottom, hoping viewers would read that. It was a real stupid video of a guinea pig that looked scared, but I thought it was funny too. I didn’t know how to add anything else, so I threw that video out there on You Tube. And surprisingly I got some viewers and it got shared too, which was weird. There was barely nothing on that video but some people liked watching that confused guinea pig, so did I. So, somehow I managed to make 4 more videos related to my blog and am planning on making another one about the deaf lady growing up this weekend. It was fun to do and the more videos I made, the easier it got and the more I learned how to use You Tube to make them. Then I tried another program Windows Live Movie Maker, which has more options. One thing I didn’t like is I couldn’t add my own songs on You Tube when making a video I had to pick only what they had on their list. So On the windows Live Movie Maker on my computer I was able to add the songs I liked and wanted. And that is what I am using now and I just upload those from that program onto You Tube.
I couldn’t stop laughing to myself when I threw the first guinea pig video out on You Tube. It actually seemed like a funny video the way the guinea pig looks shocked when she sees someone recording her, she just stops and looks at the camera. I laughed for days about that one and it was even funnier to me that people were actually watching that dumb video and liking it too. Anyway I had gotten better at making them and still learning. One thing I have to learn to do is to make the video run a little bit slower at certain stages where I write a lot of words on some pages, so people can read them.
If you want to view my videos go to You Tube , then type in DeafLady48, my best video so far is Pictures of me during my childhood days by Susana the Deaf Lady. I was able to put one of my favorite songs on it by Heatwave Star of the Story, so I cannot help watching my new video of myself growing up over and over again like a video freak. I just love that song. When I make each video, I add my blog title and link onto it, so that whoever is viewing it will know where to find it. That’s how I promote my blog on You Tube, and a fun way to do it.
It just feels amazing that I have never made a movie on You Tube before, or even any kind of movie and that I am actually doing that now. And had some good comments on them too. Each day I imagine my videos being floated around on You Tube, like floating in an ocean into the world of the unknown. I can picture it being passed from one person to another from states, to countries, like how the waters keep on flowing. I can see my video being pushed from one video to another from the viewers and watched and shared and being passed down. It makes me wonder where my videos have floated to today or what countries they might be in by now, or cities. My imagination has taken me far, but it’s a cool feeling and though. 🙂